Some of our natural handmade soaps and shampoo bars currently curing on our rack. Some of them will be ready for sale by next month! Watch this space!
Wednesday, 27 March 2013
Wednesday, 20 March 2013
Shea Butter is extracted from the nut of Africa's Shea Karite tree. This name Karite (ghariti) originally means the tree of life. This tree earned its name due to its exceptional healing qualities.
There are several ways of extracting shea butter from the nut but the best way is the way it has been extracted for centuries by African women. They use only water to extract the butter. This method result in pure raw or unrefined shea butter. The color of the butter will vary from a cream color to an off white color or even yellow. It has a distinct nutty and smoky aroma, which is pleasant and I find the smell kind of grows on you. Other methods of extraction result in refined or deodorised shea butter will lose this natural scent and some of the healing properties of the original butter, and may contain some remaining chemical solvents used in extraction.
Here at Mia Amani Natural Handamde Bodycare, we are committed to using only the best organic pure unrefined shea butter, free from any chemicals or solvents.
Benefits of Shea Butter
Shea butter is an unparalleled moisturiser. Some of it's benefits include:
- It is a great daily moisturiser for face, body and hair.
- Shea butter has been proven to treat various skin conditions including eczema and psoriasis.
- Shea butter can help prevent, reduce and eliminate the appearance of stretch marks in pregnancy.
- It is great for treating acne, scars, itchy and cracked skin.
- Shea butter heals cuts and burns without scarring.
- It offers natural sun protection and great as an after-sun skin soother.
- Great for dry chapped lips, heels, dry elbow, knees and especially cracked heels.
- Traditionally used by African women on their children and babies, to protect and soften their skin. Shea butter is also great for diaper rashes and other types of rashes.
- Good for treating insect bites and stings.
- Shea butter is also great for hair. It moisturises it, heals dry scalp and restores shine to your locks. It is also known to help to reduce and eliminate dandruff.
Saturday, 16 March 2013
Mia Amani Natural Handmade Bodycare!
We launch with a line of beautifully handcrafted, natural skincare products for everyday use. Each product has been carefully handmade in small batches using specially selected natural ingredients that will nourish, care and soothe your skin.
Please browse individual product pages for more information for each product.
Enjoy chemical-free naturally nourished skin!